Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Peanut Butter Blossoms


Call me a fatty but there is nothing I love more than food. I especially love baking and have been dying in Paris due to the lack of an oven. I'm known for my yummy treats and have missed them oh so much. I have a list of things I'd like my family to bring to me when they come visit and you better believe home baked cookies were on the list. So imagine my surprise and delight when I received a package at school today. I had asked my mom to send a few things and didn't expect much and almost passed out when I saw a box of my favorite cookies in the world. My mom and sister baked bunches of Peanut Butter Blossoms and packaged them up and sent them to me. I have never been so overjoyed in my life!! Three snaps for Momma Davis!! Gros Bisous!!
the photo is from the hershey's website.
Here's the recipe in case you too would like some of my favorite cookies!
Peanut Butter Blossoms
Ingredients:
. 48 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
. 1/2 cup shortening
. 3/4 cup REESE'S Creamy Peanut Butter
. 1/3 cup granulated sugar
. 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
. 1 egg
. 2 tablespoons milk
. 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
. 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
. 1 teaspoon baking soda
. 1/2 teaspoon salt
. Granulated sugar
Directions:
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Remove wrappers from chocolates.
2. Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
3. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate into center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
About 4 dozen cookies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh lara, my dear...

dont come back like 75lbs heavier hahaha

j.k!!!!

it must be the french butter or something in all those pastries in france that keep everyone so thin.

<3
mattie

bisous!