Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving

Yet again I feel like I blinked and a week went by. I officially have less than a month in Paris and I'm determined to make the most of it! The metro strike has greatly improved which gives me more freedom. Wednesday night my school hosted a Thanksgiving dinner for us. It was at a cute restaurant and had all sorts of yummy bits. They had a huge turkey for every four people!!! Needless to say, we were stuffed on turkey. The stuffing and cranberries were a bit of a disappointment, but luckily my mom sent my favorite cranberries and my friend's mom sent a box of stuffing! Last night, my friend hosted a Thanksgiving party at the Cite U. which is the housing for international students. It was incredibly fun and exciting. We took the leftover turkey from Wednesday and everyone brought all sorts of goodies. I'll admit I was a little depressed about not being home to celebrate Thanksgiving (especially hearing about how everyone was going to Irvine) but looking back I didn't miss much. The kids I'm in Paris with are my temporary family and I was able to celebrate with them. Plus it is not a holiday here so I didn't feel like I was missing anything! I'm thankful I'm in Paris and can't wait to get home and look back on all my wonderful memories.

No comments: