Wednesday, May 6, 2009

strawberry-goat cheese bruschetta

I've been on the hunt for a bruschetta recipe and came across this in better homes and garden. It looks quite tasty, I can't wait to try it!

1 8-oz. baguette
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 4-oz. log goat cheese (chevre)
1-1/2 cups sliced strawberries
1/2 cup arugula
Olive oil
Sea salt or coarse salt
Freshly ground black pepper
Snipped fresh herbs
Heat broiler. Halve baguette crosswise, then lengthwise. Place cut sides up on large baking sheet. Brush with the 1 tablespoon oil. Broil, 3 to 4 inches from heat, for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Slice and divide cheese among toasts. Top with sliced berries. Broil 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese and berries soften. Remove from broiler; top with arugula. Drizzle additional oil. Sprinkle salt, pepper, and herbs.
Makes 4 servings.
{from better homes and garden}

5 comments:

Dionne said...

What a great summer lunch recipe! I LLOOOOOVE strawberries!!!

A "cheery" disposition said...

wow this looks so good.

Jenny @ Anything Pretty said...

Found your blog when I was googling this recipe....I tried it this weekend and it was so good. Quick and easy too!

My Cup Runneth Over said...

Ditto to Jenny's comment above. I just made it and it was delicious and very easy!!! It looks great too!

Pamaroo said...

This is excellent. I just sliced a baguette into 1/2" slices before toasting rather than slicing it lengthwise and making bigger slices. They are very rich. The arugula makes it!