Thursday, September 6, 2007

The Metro


Getting around in Paris has been much easier than I expected it to be. The metro seriously goes everywhere and it’s so easy to jump on and take it where I need to go. Like everything else in Paris the metro is uber clean which makes me happy. Although the metro closes at 12 am (and if we’re out we usually aren’t leaving until almost then) there’s the night bus. It too is super chill and easy to take. It’s crazy to be riding the night bus at like 5 in the morning and see not only people going home from a night out but people sitting there (like grandpas, businessmen…it’s RANDOM). Luckily we live right by a metro and night bus stop!
The metro seriously is the way to go. I took it today by myself although it’s nice to wander the streets of Paris it’s nice to know you can go practically anywhere in Paris quickly. Today my friends and I were going to get lunch in the Latin Quarter and we went to hop on the metro and witnessed an orchestra performing in the metro station. No joke, there were 3 violinists, 2 cellists, a few wind instruments with music stands and all. Only in Paris!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You went by yourself?