Sunday, December 16, 2007

A Bittersweet Symphony

Wow! I have less than a week left in Paris. As excited as I am to get home, I am devastated to leave Paris. I didn't think I would be sad about leaving but I am going to miss it so much! Last night my friend had an Appetizer Party and everyone decided to go out together (all 35 of us!) to a hip hop club. I was tired and not in the mood to dance but my friends dragged me along and I was so glad I went. It ended up being super fun - the crowd was so fun to watch (some of the guys were amazing dancers!) We got yelled at on the metro for being to loud (the guy was crazy and kept hitting the metro - but what did he expect from a big group of people?). I'm going to miss the random encounters on the metro so much! On the way to the party a lady was hysterically crying begging for money. My friend and I just looked at each other and couldn't help but think where are we?!? Despite all my stories about shady people on the metro it really is way safe and a nice way to get around! Much better than the metro in most other European cities!
Every second my feelings about going home change. Last night on the way home I was sad and didn't want to go but now after looking at pictures from home I cannot wait to land at LAX. It's such a bittersweet feeling. I don't want to leave my friends behind but I miss my friends from home so much! I was telling my best friend that it feels like I said good bye to him yesterday and he said it felt like forever ago for him. So I guess it has been a while but I don't feel like I've been gone for four months. Well nearly four months. I have so many plans for the last week! I have so many wonderful memories and I can't wait to get home and share them with everyone!!!!!!

No comments: